We use seeding to get good rhythm and security in the race, so that everyone can compete with fellow participants who match their abilities. When participants start in a group where they fit in, the tempo is smoother and there is less overtaking, which reduces the risk of accidents. Seeding is only used in some races and it works differently in each case. Read more on the page for the race you are participating in.
We only use seeding in the following races:
- Cykelvasan’s competition class (groups 1-3 + group 4 from previous Cykelvasan)
- Cykelvasan’s competition class for ladies
- Cykelvasan’s leisure class (groups 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 and 28)
- Cykelvasan Öppet Spår and Cykelvasan 45 start groups are based on the finishing time estimated when you make your registration.
- Cykelvasan 30 is a leisure race where your start group is assigned after registration.