Your registration and participation
- Once payment is made, your registration is binding. Note that the right of withdrawal does not apply to purchases of sports events. Your participation fee cannot be refunded.
- Your registration cannot be postponed to a later year.
- It is forbidden to have someone else participate in our events using your name.
- All participation in Vasaloppet’s events is at your own risk.
- We take no responsibility for loss or damage to your belongings and property.
- 50 percent of he registration fee will be refunded in case of a canceled event.
- You are able to sell your start position. Read more on the page Buying and selling a start position.
Address register and name publication
Vasaloppet’s cooperation partners have the possibility to access the address registers from Vasaloppet’s various events. This means that advertising offers and relevevant information from them can come to you. The Data Protection Act requires consent from every affected individual such that names of the parties concerned can be published in start and result lists on the Internet. Those who not wish to receive advertising offers or who do not want their name or photo in the start or result lists intended for Internet publication or other public announcements during the events or other communication by Vasaloppet and its partners should inform our customer service at +46-250-392 00 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants in Vasaloppet’s events are, from time to time, the object of medical research, mostly within the area of physical exercise, fitness and health. In 2003, for example, in cooperation with Karolinska Institutet, Sweden’s foremost medical research university, was published a study which established that that our participants are healthier and live longer than others. Before such research studies, approval for ethical and research value must be sought. An in-depth study from this health perspective is now current and is approved by the Ethical Review Board in Uppsala.
For this type of study Vasaloppet’s register is a valuable resource. Our competition register is run in conjunction with registry information from, for example, health care, social insurance, and the Central Bureau of Statistics. These studies do not affect and do not involve the individual participant in Vasaloppet’s events, or the selected control individuals from the general population. Researchers collect and compile anonymous information in complete confidence. Results are presented in scientific journals and in the press, including our own journal Vasalöparen. Information is presented in table compilation form and no individual can be identified.
For the same research purposes, survey questionnaires will be sent out via our email register, and the recipient can decide whether to take part or not. Further information about the current studies can be requested from Vasaloppet’s competition doctor Ulf Hållmarker, email@example.com.