We use seeding to get good rhythm and security in the race, so that everyone can compete with fellow participants who match their abilities. When participants start in a group where they fit in, the tempo is smoother and there is less overtaking, which reduces the risk of accidents. Seeding is only used in some races and it works differently in each case. Read more on the page for the race you are participating in.
We only use seeding in the following races:
- Vasaloppet (groups 0-9)
- Tjejvasan’s competition class (groups 0-2)
- Tjejvasan’s leisure class (groups 3-4)
- Nattvasan start groups are based on the finishing time estimated when you make your registration.
- Öppetspår, the participant chooses his start time, open start between 07.00-08.30.
- Other races are leisure races where your start group is assigned after registration.
Halvvasan is an exception where those registered for Vasaloppet the same year may start in the Vasaloppet group (group 0).