To save or print:
One-way roads march 5
During Vasaloppet (Sunday March 5) the Vasaloppet road is largely subject to one-way traffic. You may not travel:
- From Evertsberg to Fiskarheden between 07:00 and 16:00.
- From Oxberg to Evertsberg between 09:00 and 17:00.
Traffic to Sälen must pass Fiskarheden no later than 07:00, which means that you should have passed Evertsberg no later than 06:30.
Roads closed in Sälen
The following roads are closed for all vehicular traffic:
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on February 26 and February 27 between 05:00 and 09:00.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 3 between 07:00 and 10:15.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 3 between 19.55 and 20.10.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 5 between 04:30 and 09:30.
Roads closed in Mora
The following roads in Mora are closed for all vehicular traffic:
- Vasagatan from the Zorn Museum to Hamngatan, from February 23 at 16:00 to March 5 at midnight.
- Hamngatan from Vasagatan up until the junction with Moragatan, from February 23 at 08:00 to March 5 at midnight.
- Kaplansgatan from February 22 at 09:00 to March 5 at midnight.
- Badstugatan is closed for Vasagatan through traffic, from February 22 at 09:00 to March 5 at midnight.
Public transport / Car-sharing
By using public transport or carpooling we can, together, improve the traffic situation during the event.
Route to & from the fells via highway 66
- Traffic to and from the Sälen fells go via Rörbäcksnäs and Torgås on Road 1047.
- An alternative route to and from the Sälen fells is Road 1051 towards Transtrand.
- Then Highway 66 across Malung – Ludvika – Västerås. Traffic towards southern Sweden should use Highway 66 across Malung and then E45 towards Göteborg.
- Travellers to Sälen from Mälardalen should use Djurås E16 towards Malung and then Highway 66 towards Sälen.
- Travellers to and from Idre, Särna and Härjedalen drive via Stöten Road 1054, 1053 and Torgås Road 1047.
- Travellers to and from Trysil drive through Värmland, Stöllet Road 62 (towards E45). Alternatively, Road 1047 via Rörbäcksnäs, Torgås.
Remember to be well rested when you get behind the wheel. Drive safe!