Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2023
One-way roads, Vasaloppet, March 5
During Vasaloppet (Sunday March 5) the Vasaloppet road is largely subject to one-way traffic.
You may not travel:
- From Evertsberg to Fiskarheden between 07.00 and 15.00.
- From Oxberg to Evertsberg between 08.00 and 16.00.
Traffic to Sälen must pass Fiskarheden no later than 07.00, which means that you should have passed Evertsberg no later than 06.30.
Roads closed in Sälen
The following roads are closed for all vehicular traffic:
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on February 26 and February 27 between 05.00 and 09.00.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 3 between 06.00 and 09.15.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 3 between 19.45 and 20.15.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 5 between 04.30 and 09.30.
Traffic information Mora
- Fredsgatan (Badstugatan–Björnramsgatan). Prohibition to stop and park February 23 at 24.00–March 5 at midnight.
- Prostgatan. Entrance from Älvgatan forbidden February 23 at 23.00–March 5 at midnight.
- Fredsgatan (Vasagatan–Prostgatan). All vehicular traffic forbidden February 23 at midnight–March 5 at midnight.
- Vasagatan (the Zorn Museum–Klockstapeln, the bell tower). All vehicular traffic forbidden February 20 at 08.00–March 8 at midnight.
- Hamngatan (Moragatan–Vasagatan). All vehicular traffic forbidden January 30 at 08.00–March 17 at midnight. Does not apply to authorized traffic.
- Badstugatan and Kaplansgatan (closed for Vasagatan through traffic). All vehicular traffic forbidden February 20 at 08.00–March 8 at 08.00.
- Vasagatan and Björnramsgatan. All vehicular traffic forbidden February 8–March 11.
- Fredsgatan (Björnramsgatan–Prostgatan). All vehicular traffic forbidden February 23 at midnight–March 5 at midnight. Does not apply to authorized traffic.
- Standgatan–Vasagatan. Open for through traffic at the latest 20/2–at the earliest 8/3.
Public transport and car-sharing
By using public transport or carpooling we can, together, improve the traffic situation during the event.
Route to and from the fells via highway 66
- Traffic to and from the Sälen fells go via Rörbäcksnäs, Torgås on Road 1047 and Lima on Road 1049.
- An alternative route to and from the Sälen fells is Road 1051 towards Transtrand.
– then Highway 66 across Malung–Ludvika–Västerås.
– traffic towards southern Sweden should use Highway 66 across Malung and then E45 towards Göteborg.
- Travellers to Sälen from Mälardalen should use Djurås E16 towards Malung and then Highway 66 towards Sälen.
- Travellers to and from Idre, Särna and Härjedalen drive via Stöten Road 1054, 1053, Torgås Road 1047 and Lima Road 1049.
- Travellers to and from Trysil drive through Värmland, Stöllet Road 62 (towards E45). Alternatively, Road 1047 via Rörbäcksnäs, Torgås.
Alternative road between Mora and Sälen during Vasaloppet’s Winter Week
Drivers should choose route E45 towards Malung, using the Venjan/Limedsforsen, then towards Sälen on Highway 66.
Remember to be well rested when you get behind the wheel. Drive safe!
Vasaloppet, the Police, the Swedish Transport Administration and the Technical and service board in Mora municipality