Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2019
One-way roads March 3
During Vasaloppet (Sunday March 3) the Vasaloppet road is largely subject to one-way traffic. You may not travel:
- From Evertsberg to Fiskarheden between 07:00 and 15:00.
- From Oxberg to Evertsberg between 08:00 and 16:00.
Traffic to Sälen must pass Fiskarheden no later than 07:00, which means that you should have passed Evertsberg no later than 06:30.
Roads closed in Sälen
The following roads are closed for all vehicular traffic:
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on February 25 and February 26 between 05:00 and 09:00.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 2 between 06:00 and 09:15.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 2 between 19.45 and 20.15.
- Highway 66 is closed for through traffic between Sälen and Transtrand on March 4 between 04:30 and 09:30.
Roads closed in Mora
The following roads in Mora are closed for all vehicular traffic:
- Vasagatan from the Zorn Museum to Hamngatan, from February 21 at 16:00 to March 3 at midnight.
- Hamngatan from Vasagatan up until the junction with Moragatan, from February 20 at 08:00 to March 3 at midnight.
- Kaplansgatan from February 20 at 09:00 to March 3 at midnight.
- Badstugatan is closed for Vasagatan through traffic, from February 20 at 09:00 to March 3 at midnight.
Public transport / Car-sharing
By using public transport or carpooling we can, together, improve the traffic situation during the event.
Route to and from the fells via highway 66
- Traffic to and from the Sälen fells go via Rörbäcksnäs and Torgås on Road 1047.
- An alternative route to and from the Sälen fells is Road 1051 towards Transtrand. Then Highway 66 across Malung – Ludvika – Västerås. Traffic towards southern Sweden should use Highway 66 across Malung and then E45 towards Göteborg.
- Travellers to Sälen from Mälardalen should use Djurås E16 towards Malung and then Highway 66 towards Sälen.
- Travellers to and from Idre, Särna and Härjedalen drive via Stöten Road 1054, 1053 and Torgås Road 1047.
- Travellers to and from Trysil drive through Värmland, Stöllet Road 62 (towards E45). Alternatively, Road 1047 via Rörbäcksnäs, Torgås.
- Drivers from Mora to the Sälen mountains should choose route E45 towards Malung, using the Venjan/Limedsforsen exit to Road 1040, then towards Sälen on Highway 66.
Remember to be well rested when you get behind the wheel. Drive safe!