To give more people the chance to participate we allow personal exchanges in all our races. Personal exchanges for Vasaloppet, Öppet Spår and Nattvasan can be made on My Pages. Exchanges for Kortvasan, Tjejvasan, Halvvasan and Stafettvasan can be completed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more on how it works below:
Approximately one weeks before each race it will be possible to make online changes to your start information. If you are buying a startposition later than that you must do it on location, supplying the seller’s Vasa ID or personal identity number att our race offices. The seller does not need to be on location.
How an exchange works
For Vasaloppet, Öppet Spår, Nattvasan and Tjejvasan
- Sell your start position – Log in to My Pages on vasaloppet.se. Press headline my races – There you will see which races you are registered for and which you can transfer to others.
- Registration code is sent to the buyer – The seller enters the buyer’s name, birth date and email. When that is done, a registration code will be sent to the buyer and a confirmation email to the seller.
- The buyer registers for the race – The buyer logs in to My Pages and registers for the race, entering the registration code and paying the transfer fee of 220 SEK. After that the exchange is completed and the buyer gets a confirmation email.
For Kortvasan, Halvvasan and Stafettvasan
The buyer sends an email to email@example.com, specifying their name, personal identity number, address, email and where they want to pick up the number bib; in Sälen or Mora. They must also supply the seller’s name and Vasa ID or personal identity number, and specify which race the exchange is for. Pay the exchange fee of 220 SEK using Plusgiro IBAN SE 37 9500 0099 6042 0001 9224, BIC/SWIFT: NDEASESS or PlusGiro number 1922-4, Vasaloppsföreningen Sälen-Mora. Put your first and last name on the payment.
If you are racing in a competition class, or a start group based on seeding, you cannot buy a better start position. If you’ve used a free start, or paid a discounted start fee, you cannot sell your start position.
If you buy a start position – in which group do you start?
Vasaloppet: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Tjejvasan Competition: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Tjejvasan Leisure: If the buyer has no merits and buys a start position from a seller who has never participated in Vasaloppet’s races before, the buyer takes over the start group. If the buyer has merits, the start position will be determined through seeding. If the seller has a historic result from Vasaloppet’s ski races, the buyer does not take over the start group. Personal merits will then determine where the buyer starts.
Other ski races: The buyer takes over the seller’s start group.
Tips for buyers
Vasaloppet does not get involved in the deal between buyer and seller. The parties must settle on a price themselves. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people. If you suspect a scam you should always notify the police. Read the items below and you will be better prepared.
- You should primarily buy from an acquaintance or from someone in your circle of friends. Check with your local ski club!
- Do not pay an excessive price for a start position. The number of people selling start positions often increases as the race grows closer.
- In our start lists at vasaloppet.se you can make sure that the start group matches the name of the seller.
- Call our race offices at +46 (0)250-392 00 when you have found a start position you want to buy. They will make sure that everything is in order.