All participation in Vasaloppet’s events is at one’s own risk. Vasaloppet takes no responsibility for loss or damage to your belongings and property.
In the event of accidents the following applies:
- Always register an injury to Folksam by telephoning +46(0)771-960 960.
- If you have taken out Startklar-insurance via Folksam this comes into force in the first instance.
- If you are a member of a sports association/club registered with the Swedish Sports Confederation your association/club insurance come into force in the second instance.
- If you are not a member of such an association/club then, in the third instance, Vasaloppet’s own accident insurance comes into force.
In the event of loss or damage to your belongings the following applies:
- Vasaloppet does not cover loss or damage to your possessions.
- Loss or damage should be reported to your insurance company and your home insurance. Regarding equipment with high value we recommend taking out a comprehensive or separate insurance.
Startklar is the cancellation and accident insurance that you can take out when you register your entry to any of Vasaloppet’s various races. With Startklar you get the entire entry fee back if you are injured or sick and unable to start your race.
Startklar costs only 155 SEK for a whole year and applies to all Swedish recreational races.
Startklar is valid for one year from the date it is taken out and this is normally done in connection with registering an entry to one or other of Vasaloppet’s races.
Background to the introduction of this insurance policy was that entry fees to recreational races at the beginning of the 2000s rose; this produced a demand for the possibility to cancel in the event of sickness and get the money back. At the same time added on was an accident insurance, valid during the journey to and from the race, during the stay in the locality and, of course, during the race itself.
If you have a Startklar policy and become ill or are injured and cannot take part in your race, you can call +46 (0)771-960 960 and speak to a claims administrator at Folksam who will register your claim, inform you of their requirement for a medical certificate, and then how the money will be repaid.
Bear in mind that, irrespective of when you take out the insurance, you should not have a known injury or sickness which, already at the point of purchase of the policy, would make it impossible for you to start in your race.
Foreign participants are very welcome to take out a Startklar policy.
There is also now Startklar Plus. Basically this is the same insurance but with addition of accident insurance during all training in Sweden before the race. This is something which many enthusiasts have asked after, especially those who have no club or association membership and, through it, have sports insurance. Startklar Plus costs 275 SEK for one year.
Read more about Startklar and Startklar Plus at Startklar’s website.