Cykelvasan 2017 was fully booked today
The ninth Cykelvasan in history will run on Saturday August 12, 2017 – 94 kilometres from Sälen to Mora. Today the race was fully booked, which means 13,000 registered cyclists. In addition there are now over 3,200 registered for Cykelvasan Öppet Spår which, on Friday August 11, will run for the third time. There the maximum number of participants is 6,000. In other words, registering is still possible.
In total there are over 22,500 registered participants in Vasaloppet’s Summer Week 2017, of which more than 19,000 are in the cycling races. There are also already more than 40,000 registered for Vasaloppet’s Winter Week 2018!
Registrants for Cykelvasan 2017:
Friday August 11th: 1,353 are registered for Cykelvasan 30. 32 km. Start Oxberg.
Friday August 11th: 53 are registered for Ungdomscykelvasan. 32 km. Start Oxberg.
Friday August 11th: 1,317 are registered for Cykelvasan 45. 45 km. Start Oxberg.
Friday August 11th: 3,290 are registered for Cykelvasan Öppet Spår. 94 km. Start Sälen.
Saturday August 12th: 13,000 are registered for Cykelvasan 90. 94 km. Start Sälen.
Additional Cykelvasan facts:
– Out of the 19,000 cyclists so far registered for 2017, about 20 percent are women.
– In Cykelvasan 90 there are 400 registered in the competition class and 12,600 in the leisure class.
– 102 people have participated in all eight Cykelvasan 90 since the first one in 2009.
– 4,600 of the 13,000 registered for Cykelvasan 90 are participating in the race for the first time.
– Just like last year there will be an open qualifier for the public to compete in Cykelvasasprinten in Lindvallen in Sälen.
– Barnens Vasalopp, our children’s race on bikes, will also take place in both Sälen and Mora.
Look back! Watch the inspiring film that summarized Cykelvasan 2016:
Fri 11 Aug: Cykelvasan 30. 32 km. Start Oxberg
Fri 11 Aug: Ungdomscykelvasan. 32 km. Start Oxberg.
Fri 11 Aug: Cykelvasan 45. 45 km. Start Oxberg.
Fri 11 Aug: Cykelvasan Öppet Spår. 94 km. Start Sälen.
Sat 12 Aug: Cykelvasan 90. 94 km. Start Sälen.
Sat 19 Aug: Ultravasan 45. 45 km. Start Oxberg.
Sat 19 Aug: Ultravasan 90. 90 km. Start Sälen.
Sat 19 Aug: Vasastafetten. 4.5–15 km. Running relay for ten-person teams. Start Sälen.
Sat 19 Aug: Vasakvartetten. 19.1–24.2 km. Running relay for four-person teams. Start Sälen. PREMIERE!
Vasaloppet Winter Week 2018
Fri 23 Feb: Kortvasan. 30 km. Start Oxberg.
Sat 24 Feb: Tjejvasan. 30 km. Start Oxberg.
Sun 25 Feb: Ungdomsvasan. 3, 5, 7 or 9 km. Start Mora Ski Stadium.
Sun 25 Feb: Öppet Spår Sunday. 90 km. Start Sälen.
Mon 26 Feb: Öppet Spår Monday. 90 km. Start Sälen.
Tue 27 Feb: Halvvasan. 45 km. Start Oxberg.
Fri 2 Mar: Stafettvasan. 9–24 km. Five-person teams. Start Sälen.
Fri 2 Mar: Nattvasan. 90 km. Two-person teams. Start Sälen.
Sat 3 Mar: Blåbärsloppet. 9 km. Start Eldris.
Sun 4 Mar: Vasaloppet. 90 km. Start Sälen.