To give more people the chance to participate we allow personal exchanges in all our races. Exchanges are made through My Pages. Vasaloppet does not currently offer a platform for buying and selling start positions; we primarily refer to www.startplatser.se.
About three weeks before each event we close online exchanges. If you want to make an exchange after that you need to visit our race offices on location where the exchange will be made. The seller does not need to be present.
If you are participating in a competition class you cannot buy a better start position. If you’ve used a free start, or paid a discounted start fee, you cannot sell your start position.
How an exchange works
1. 1. Sell your start position – Log in to My Pages at vasaloppet.se. There you can see which races you are registered for and which can be transferred to other people.
2. 2. Registration code is sent to the buyer – The seller enters the buyer’s name, date of birth and email. The system will then send a registration code to the buyer and a confirmation email to the seller.
3. 3. The buyer registers for the race – The buyer logs in to My Pages, signs up for the race, enters the registration code and pays the exchange fee of 200 SEK. After that the exchange is completed and the buyer receives a confirmation email.
If you buy a start position – in which group do you start?
The buyer takes over the seller’s start number (these races do not currently have separated start groups).
Tips for buyers
Vasaloppet does not get involved in the deal between buyer and seller. The parties must settle on a price themselves. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people. If you suspect a scam you should always notify the police. Read the items below and you will be better prepared.
- You should primarily buy from an acquaintance or from someone in your circle of friends. Check with your local ski club!
- Do not pay an excessive price for a start position. The number of people selling start positions often increases as the race grows closer.
- In our start lists at vasaloppet.se you can make sure that the start number matches the name of the seller.
- Call our race offices at +46 (0)250-392 00 when you have found a start position you want to buy. They will make sure that everything is in order.