All participation in Vasaloppet’s events is at one’s own risk. Vasaloppet takes no responsibility for loss or damage to your belongings and property.
In the event of accidents
In the event of an accident, file a claim with Folksam via phone +46 (0)771-950 950.
- If you have taken out the insurance Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas or Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor, costs due to accidents will primarily be reimbursed by this insurance. Read more about the insurances further down.
- If you’re a member of a sports club connected to the Swedish Sports Confederation, and you’re registered in the club’s name, you will secondarily be reimbursed by the sports club’s insurance.
- If you’ve not taken out Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas or Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor, and you are not a registered member of a sports club connected to the Swedish Sports Confederation, Vasaloppet’s accident insurance may be applicable.
In the event of loss or damage to your belongings
- Vasaloppet does not cover loss or damage to your possessions.
- Loss or damage should be reported to your insurance company and your home insurance. Regarding equipment with high value we recommend taking out a comprehensive or separate insurance.
Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas
Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas is the cancellation and accident insurance that you can take out when you register your entry to any of Vasaloppet’s various races. With the insurance you get the entire entry fee back if you are injured or sick and unable to start your race.
Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas costs only 155 SEK for a whole year and applies to all Swedish recreational races.
Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas is valid for one year from the date it is taken out and this is normally done in connection with registering an entry to one or other of Vasaloppet’s races.
Background to the introduction of this insurance policy was that entry fees to recreational races at the beginning of the 2000s rose; this produced a demand for the possibility to cancel in the event of sickness and get the money back. At the same time added on was an accident insurance, valid during the journey to and from the race, during the stay in the locality and, of course, during the race itself.
If you have a Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas policy and become ill or are injured and cannot take part in your race, you can call +46 (0)771-950 950 and speak to a claims administrator at Folksam who will register your claim, inform you of their requirement for a medical certificate, and then how the money will be repaid.
Bear in mind that, irrespective of when you take out the insurance, you should not have a known injury or sickness which, already at the point of purchase of the policy, would make it impossible for you to start in your race.
Foreign participants are very welcome to take out a Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas policy.
Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor
There is also now Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor. Basically this is the same insurance but with addition of accident insurance during all training in Sweden before the race. This is something which many enthusiasts have asked after, especially those who have no club or association membership and, through it, have sports insurance. Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor costs 275 SEK for one year.
Read more about Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Bas and Folksam Motionsloppsförsäkring Stor at Folksams’s website.