The first weekend is all about cycling, starting on Thursday and Friday with the short invitational race Cykelvasasprinten by Lindvallen in Sälen. Cykelvasan Öppet Spår also runs on Friday, starting at the classic Vasaloppet start in Berga by in Sälen, just like the main bike race Cykelvasan 90 on Saturday. The shorter Sunday races Ungdomscykelvasan, Cykelvasan 30 and Cykelvasan 45 start in Oxberg.
The running races take place on the second weekend of the Summer Week; Saturday, to be exact. There are two relay races and three individual races: The ten-person relay Vasastafetten, with sections of 4.5–15 km, and the four-person relay Vasakvartetten, with sections of 19.1–24.2 km, both start in Sälen. The prestigious running race Ultravasan 90 starts in Sälen as early as 05.00 while the shorter version, Ultravasan 45, starts in Oxberg. Trailvasan 30 starts in Oxberg and the premiere race takes place in 2020 .
Every year Vasaloppet attracts about 100,000 participants. Which race is right for you?
Vasaloppet’s Summer Week 2020
Bike and running races in the Vasaloppet arena
• Friday, August 14 Cykelvasan Öppet Spår 94 km, start Sälen
• Friday, August 14 Cykelvasasprinten 1 km, Lindvallen, Sälen
• Saturday, August 15 Cykelvasan 90 94 km, start Sälen
• Sunday, August 16 Cykelvasan 45 45 km, start Oxberg
• Sunday, August 16 Cykelvasan 30 32 km, start Oxberg
• Sunday, August 16 Ungdomscykelvasan 32 km, start Oxberg
• Saturday, August 22 Ultravasan 90 90 km, start Sälen
• Saturday, August 22 Ultravasan 45 45 km, start Oxberg
• Saturday, August 22 Trailvasan 30 30 km, start Oxberg
• Saturday, August 22 Vasastafetten 90 km, running relay for ten-person teams, start Sälen
• Saturday, August 22 Vasakvartetten 90 km, running relay for four-person teams, start Sälen
Vasaloppstrippeln – ski, bike and run Vasaloppet in one year
Vasaloppstrippeln, the Vasaloppet trifecta, is a challenge where participants complete three Vasaloppet races during one calendar year. Ski, bike and run 90, 45 or 30 kilometres in forefathers’ tracks.
Information for 2020 will be published in June 2020.
Bus to start
Arrive to the race well rested! Our busses can get you to the start place in good time before the start, and save you the stress of dealing with traffic and full parking spaces. Leave the car at home and book a bus ticket; you’ll be doing a favour to yourself and the environment. Booking your bus ticket online is also cheaper than buying it on location.
Read more and book
Take the SJ train
Easy, comfortable and green – take the train to Mora!
Massage with Ormsalva
Experience a quicker, better and more enjoyable recovery after your bike race. Take this chance to book a massage treatment in advance.
Hotel, hostel, camping, a personal cottage, or perhaps a simple sleeping space on the floor of a school? There are many different types of accommodation in northern Dalarna. Here you can read about where to book your lodgings.
There are several ways to follow specific participants. With our services you can receive continuous updates and time reports, and monitor as many people as you like.
The traffic situation around Mora is often very strained in connection with our events. On race days there are temporary changes along certain roads, making some roads one-way, for example.