Information for 2021 will be published in June 2021.
Consideration on the course
It should be enjoyable and safe for everyone to make their way towards Mora, and it’s therefore important to show consideration towards your fellow participants. Take an extra look when you are overtaking! Be aware of shouts and calls from cyclists behind you. For example: “Keep to the right!” or “Coming in left!”
For your security there are restrictions at some checkpoints; time limits after which you cannot pass. The checkpoint must be left 10 minutes after the time limit for arrival has expired. If you arrive too late at a checkpoint you must abandon the race. Bus transport to the finish in Mora will then be arranged.
If you reach the checkpoints within the time limits, you will be able to complete the race.
In extreme weather conditions the race directors have the right to change the time limits.
Service at our checkpoints
- Along the Vasaloppet course there are three official checkpoints.
- Drink and energy in various forms is served at all checkpoints. Specifics on what is served can be found on the detailed race map.
- We will help with repairs at all the checkpoints along the track. An invoice for any materials used will be mailed to you after the race.
- There are toilets and medical services at all checkpoints, as well as at the start and finish.
- At the check points in Oxberg and Eldris, but not in Hökberg, there are passage corridors for those who do not want to stop and eat or drink.
Abandoning the race
If you break off your race, you must seek out medical services at the nearest checkpoint. They will take your data chip, report your decision and arrange transport to the finish in Mora. Safety and medical services have the right to take a participant out of the race if they suspect injury or illness.
The finish closes
The finish in Mora closes at about 18.00.