To give more people the chance to participate we allow personal exchanges in all our races. Exchanges are made through My pages.
Vasaloppet does not currently offer a platform for buying and selling start positions; we primarily refer to startplatser.se.
How an exchange works
When you have found someone who wants to buy your start position, follow these steps:
1. Transfer your start position – Log in to My pages. Then click My races in the top left and you’ll see the races you are registered for. Click on the arrow to unfold the race details and to get to the button Sell my start position.
2. Registration code to the buyer – Enter the buyer’s email address. The system will then send a registration code to the buyer and a confirmation email to you.
3. The buyer registers – The buyer enters the registration code in the signup form and pays the exchange fee of 220 SEK. After that the exchange is completed and you receive a confirmation email.
About three weeks before each event we close online exchanges. If you want to make an exchange after that you need to visit our race offices on location where the exchange will be made. The seller does not need to be present.
If you buy a start position – in which group do you start?
Cykelvasan 90 competition – and leisureclass: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start number and start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Other races: The buyer takes over the seller’s start number and start group.
If you are going to participate in competition class, or a start group based on seeding, you cannot buy a better start position.
Tips for buyers
Vasaloppet does not get involved in the deal between buyer and seller. The parties must settle on a price themselves. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people. Don’t pay the seller until you have completed the entire exchange and registration via My pages.
If you suspect a scam you should always notify the police. Read the items below and you will be better prepared.
- You should primarily buy from an acquaintance or from someone in your circle of friends. Check with your local bike club.
- Do not pay an excessive price for a start position. The number of people selling start positions often increases as the race grows closer.
- Call our race offices at +46 (0)250-392 00 when you have found a start position you want to buy. They will make sure that everything is in order.
- You should preferably complete the entire exchange and registration via My pages before paying the seller.