To give more people the chance to participate we allow personal exchanges in all our races. Personal exchanges can be made on My pages.
Approximately one weeks before each race it will be possible to make online changes to your start information. If you are buying a startposition later than that you must do it on location, supplying the seller’s Vasa ID or personal identity number att our race offices. The seller does not need to be on location.
How an exchange works
1. Sell your start position – Log in to My pages on vasaloppet.se. Then click My races in the top left and you’ll see the races you are registered for. Click the plus sign on the right-hand side of the race you are selling.
2. Registration code is sent to the buyer – The seller enters the buyer’s name, birth date and email. When that is done, a registration code will be sent to the buyer and a confirmation email to the seller.
3. The buyer registers for the race – The buyer logs in to My pages and registers for the race, entering the registration code and paying the transfer fee of 220 SEK. After that the exchange is completed and the buyer gets a confirmation email.
If you are racing in a competition class, or a start group based on seeding, you cannot buy a better start position. If you’ve used a free start, or paid a discounted start fee, you cannot sell your start position.
If you buy a start position – in which group do you start?
Vasaloppet: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Tjejvasan Competition: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Tjejvasan Leisure: The buyer does not take over the the seller’s start group. Personal merits determine where the buyer starts.
Other ski races: The buyer takes over the seller’s start group. (There is an exception here, which applies to starting in start group 0 (Vasaloppsledet) in Vasaloppet 45, you cannot take that place unless you not go Vasaloppet during the same year.)
Tips for buyers
Vasaloppet does not get involved in the deal between buyer and seller. The parties must settle on a price themselves. Unfortunately, there are dishonest people. Don’t pay the seller until you have completed the entire exchange and registration via My Pages.
If you suspect a scam you should always notify the police. Read the items below and you will be better prepared.
- You should primarily buy from an acquaintance or from someone in your circle of friends. Check with your local ski club!
- Do not pay an excessive price for a start position. The number of people selling start positions often increases as the race grows closer.
- Call our race offices at +46 (0)250-392 00 when you have found a start position you want to buy. They will make sure that everything is in order.
- You should preferably complete the entire exchange and registration via My pages before paying the seller.