Your registration and participation
- Your registration is binding. Note that the right of withdrawal does not apply to purchases of sports events.
- Your registration fee cannot be refunded.
- Your registration cannot be postponed to a later year.
- It is forbidden to participate in our events using someone else’s name.
- All participation in our events is at your own risk.
- We take no responsibility for loss or damage to your belongings and property.
- You are able to sell your start position. Read more on the page Buying and selling a start position.
- If a race is cancelled due to lack of snow, extreme cold or other weather conditions we will replay 50 percent of the registration fee, in accordance with Swedish Ski Association guidelines.
- Addition regarding covid-19: If the events are affected by covid-19 restrictions, government decisions, etc. we retain the right to adjust the course, dates and times for participation and/or other conditions for the events if we deem it necessary to comply with applicable covid-19 rules.Vasaloppet has no obligation to repay registration fees or pay damages as compensation. If the event must be cancelled for reasons attributable to covid-19 you have the right to move your start place to next year.
- Force majeure: In the event of a cancelled race due to conditions outside our control, such as fire, flooding, natural disaster, labour conflict, war, terrorist attack, earthquake, government decisions, spread of viruses or other diseases, or other similar events, the registration fee is not refundable.
- We retain the right to make adjustments to the contents and design of the races and surrounding activities, including changing the day of the event.
Address register and name publication
Vasaloppet’s cooperation partners have the possibility to access the address registers from Vasaloppet’s various events. This means that advertising offers and relevevant information from them can come to you. The Data Protection Act requires consent from every affected individual such that names of the parties concerned can be published in start and result lists on the Internet. Those who not wish to receive advertising offers or who do not want their name or photo in the start or result lists intended for Internet publication or other public announcements during the events or other communication by Vasaloppet and its partners should inform our customer service at +46-250-392 00 or via email at email@example.com.
Participants in Vasaloppet’s events are, from time to time, the object of medical research, mostly within the area of physical exercise, fitness and health. In 2003, for example, in cooperation with Karolinska Institutet, Sweden’s foremost medical research university, was published a study which established that that our participants are healthier and live longer than others. Before such research studies, approval for ethical and research value must be sought. An in-depth study from this health perspective is now current and is approved by the Ethical Review Board in Uppsala.
For this type of study Vasaloppet’s register is a valuable resource. Our competition register is run in conjunction with registry information from, for example, health care, social insurance, and the Central Bureau of Statistics. These studies do not affect and do not involve the individual participant in Vasaloppet’s events, or the selected control individuals from the general population. Researchers collect and compile anonymous information in complete confidence. Results are presented in scientific journals and in the press, including our own journal Vasalöparen. Information is presented in table compilation form and no individual can be identified.
For the same research purposes, survey questionnaires will be sent out via our email register, and the recipient can decide whether to take part or not. Further information about the current studies can be requested from Vasaloppet’s competition doctor Ulf Hållmarker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we have the right to unilaterally change these terms.