The veterans are Vasaloppet’s most loyal ski friends and ambassadors.
After 2021 there are 1,120 skiers who have completed Vasaloppet or Öppet Spår (Vasaåket 2021) for 30 years or more.
Some facts about our heroes
Among these veterans you’ll find real heroes. Many are them are, great skiers with fine placements year after year.
- Bengt Eriksson, Sälen, in 2013 he skied his 60 Vasaloppet or Öppet Spår in a row since his first race in 1953. 1979 (48 years old) he completed the race in a phenomenal 4 hours and 19 minutes. He came second in Vasaloppet 1958, third in 1965, fourth in 1959 and fifth in 1961.
- Börje Karlsson, Landsbro, skied his 60th race in 2020.
- Gösta Lönnelid, Mora, is next in line in 2022 to attempt his 60th race.
- Gösta Aronsson, Herrljunga, was the first to complete ”50 years in forefathers’ tracks”.
- 1,120 skiers have at some point completed 30 or more races in the Vasaloppet Arena. Seventeen of these are ladies.
- In 2009, both Anne-Marie Richardsson and Berit Brandt achieved 30 races.
- 39 veterans are international participants: of which eighteen are Norwegians and others from 7 other nations.
This page was updated on April 28, 2021